Performance characteristics of acrylic sheet
1. The density is light, and acrylic is a fairly lightweight material. The density is only 1.19-1.20, which is about half of ordinary glass and 43% of metal aluminum.
2. Has good flame resistance, will not self-ignite and can self-extinguish
3. With excellent electrical insulation, it is a very suitable high-frequency insulating material for the radio instrument industry.
4. It has good light transmittance, the light transmittance can reach more than 92%, which is more than 10% higher than ordinary glass, and has a crystal-like texture and luster
5. Not afraid of moisture, water, mildew, bacteria and corrosion.
6. The impact resistance is sixteen times that of ordinary glass, and there is almost no risk of breaking
Matters needing attention in the processing of acrylic sheet
(1) Acrylic board cannot be stored in the same place with other organic solvents, let alone contact with organic solvents.
(2) During transportation, the surface protective film or protective paper cannot be broken.
(3) It cannot be used in an environment where the temperature exceeds 85 degrees Celsius.
(4) When cleaning the acrylic sheet, only 1% soapy water is needed. Use a soft cotton cloth dipped in soapy water. Do not use hard objects or dry wipes, otherwise the surface will be easily scratched.
(5) Acrylic sheet has a large thermal expansion coefficient, so the expansion gap should be reserved due to temperature changes.